Self Determination 2
As a student with disabilities or learning difficulties you face unique challenges as you plan for college. Students with disabilities that are successful in high school and college demonstrate self-determination skills.
BreakThru Points on Self Determination
• Understand the importance of self-determination skills
• Learn about the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehab Act
• Learn about your disability, strengths, and limitations
• Learn how to communicate with teachers and faculty about your disability
• Practice using self-advocacy skills