The Graduate School Application Process
Now that you have decided which program and school are best for you, the application process can begin!
It is important that you thoroughly read the application deadlines and process on your institution’s website. Unless the university specifically states that applications won’t be reviewed until after a specific date, you should assume that there is a rolling admissions policy.
- Admissions committees review applications as they are accepted
- Applications are generally reviewed between November through February
- You should send in all your application materials several weeks before this deadline
- If you look good on paper then they may ask you to come visit the school and for an interview
- April 15th is generally the deadline for accepting or rejecting admissions
- If you decide to reject an offer, don’t wait till April 15th because other students may be waiting for the spot